Sunday, November 15, 2015

Negligence. Obfuscation. Perdition. Eloquence. = NOPE

As a wise man once said, there is no long term benefit to mediocrity.  If it brings you to a show, helps make money in the short term, but is totally mundane and forgettable, all that will happen is that you as a scientist will have wasted your time, maybe even your entire life into your 60's, chasing after chimeras.  ghosts.  illusions.  nothing.  By that age, it is way too late to "start fresh."  At best, you will be a walking irrelevent obsolescence, rotting by the day to the grave, comfortably but kindly unknown to anybody.

What is worse is when someone intentionally ignores uncomfortable or contrary evidence.  Not refutes, but ignores.  Refuses to even read and acknowledge.  Then obfuscation, which some quackademians are experts at, leaves a smoke screen so thick that some people give up trying to understand them, leaving them to go their merry but incorrect way.  Of course, if these people are wrong, fallacious, or inaccurate, it is simply a matter of time before the world makes fools of them, flying them like a flag for others to ridicule.  In this way, perdition is the fire under every good scientist's ass that should make sure they are honest.  I feel the heat everyday and this does make sure that I never even entertain the thought of "fudge factor" or some white lie.  Even the most eloquent liar eventually gets turned up as a ridiculous fraud which is why I would never attempt such a moronic thing.  Such charlatans get written up in history to be ridiculed FOREVER.

Yet others do, for short term benefits or whatever.  Not me.  N.O.P.E.  If someone tries to stuff words in my mouth, I will swiftly and sternly correct their dishonesty in a very public way.  Have a question about my work? Ask me directly, not some crazy second-hand competitor. - John C. Cha

Don't let the clowns of NOPE tell you what I think as they do not know what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment